Friday 6 February 2015

A Fri 6th Feb Jan wk 6 Amethyst Inspiration

Pheweee... Friday already and time for more inspiration!

Before we get to the challenge, just a little heads up about a Facebook event we have on this Sunday at 6pm GMT on the Graph'It Marker group...
I'd love to be able to do more tutorials and video help but the truth is I really struggle for time and the right light etc etc, so starting Sunday every couple of weeks I will host an hour long colour clinic for anyone who loves their Graph'Its (and of course anyone else can come along too!)...so you can upload photos of your Graph'it makes and I will try and offer some constructive critique to help you - and everyone else who attends - to improve their skillsets with these fab alcohol markers. If you're a bit shy, don't worry, you can still take part and I will private message your critique if it makes you feel better. This isn't about finding fault and being criticised, it's about trying to offer my experience and suggestions that will hopefully be helpful and assist you to improve with your general colouring but particularly with our beloved Graph'Its. So if you want to take part pop in and join us on the group, which is HERE...

So let's get on with business today!


Our current challenge
Amethyst
is still continuing for another week and you can
ENTER HERE
This basically translates into any tones of purple and lilac so show us all your makes! (the whole project doesnt have to be purple, just part of it ; ) )
As always our random winner will be lucky enough to receive some Graph'It goodies and we will choose our top 3 favourites too - we might even ask you to Guest Design for us in February!
You have until Friday 13th Feb to enter this challenge, please just follow our rules in the sidebar - you DO NOT have to use Graph'It markers to enter, you can use any colouring medium.

So let's see what the team have made for you this week:

Yvonne - Hello there everyone!! Well I love this challenge theme as I love the colour purple so I couldn't be happier. For some bizarre reason I decided to push my limits (again) and use an image that really requires a lot of effort! I was immensely pleased with how this turned out though, so no complaints!


Skin:  4120, 4155, 4170
Hair: 1210, 1230, 1270, 3110
Dress & Shoes: 6130, 6140, 6165

Susan -  Well its Friday again ,and here is my mid challenge inspiration.  The image I have used is from Polkadoodles  Octavia  collection .She is coloured with my amazing Graph'it markers in beautiful shades of Amethyst....
GI used
Hair 1210 ,1230 ,3150 ,3210
Skin 4115 ,4155, 4147,4175
Dress ,6180 ,06175 toned down with 9500 and blender
                                                            White Graph'it Shake pen

Nikky...I haven't managed to make a card for you but I wanted to share this make which fits into the Amethyst hair colours. I am a bit anti-purples for no good reason other than that I dont seem to gravitate towards them like some of the other colour sets, but I have to say the GI purples are pretty lush...
I really couldnt decide what colours to use on this other than I wanted purple hair so if I did this again I admit it would be completely different lol....
For the hair I used: 6120, 6130, 6140, 6170, 6180 and the new Velvet which is just so lush and adds a warm touch where you don't quite want a dark black but a grey isn't dark enough. I havent tried it yet but this should also work well with your Pink Greys.
Skin: 4115, 4125, 4170, 3210, 4145 and 4135 cheeks
Unicorn: Glass, 7220, 7240, 7240 mixed with 7145, tail and mane 5125, 5130, 5150, 5170

For the background I really don't like this at all but once I started I had to carry on - Green Grey 3, 5 and 7 with lots of blender around the edges to fade out the vignette but I have to admit I'd do this very differently and it didn't help that my Green Grey 3 started to run out! My Top Tip for you when this happens: use your Mix'It palette and spread as much colour on as you can then pick it up from there with your blender pen - it helps to eek out the ink more and lets you blend it out naturally, hopefully before you run out completely!
I then finished off with lots of sparkles by using my Graph'It Shake White pen which I cannot live without. 

Penni - I chose to use a fabulous image from Slinky Tart called Keeley


Here's a close up of the coloured image:


Graph'It Markers used:
Skin - 4115, 4120, 4125, 4155
Eyes - 8110
Hair - 3210, 3245, 3250
Clothes - 6120, 6130, 6140, 6175

Claire C I've used shades of blue and purple to get the tones I wanted for this card, with the Mix'It Palette and blender pen its soooooo easy to mix your markers



Colours Used: 
Skin: 4180. 4155, 4115, 4120 plus 4147
Greens: 
Purples: 6190, 6170, 6130, 7170,7130
Greens: 8115,8125,8140
Plus Mix it Palette and Blender pen

More fabulous inspiration as always from the team! 


So it's time to announce the winners from our Week 3/4 challenge Crisp & White....

Our Random Winner chosen by Random.org is 
#3 Ellie

Well done! Please email us HERE with your snail mail address quoting code GIw6001 so we can mail out your prize!

The Design Team's Top 3 from the same challenge are:
You have all won a digi from our Sponsor Polkadoodles so please email us HERE quoting code GIw6003 to claim your digi prize! Well done!

Well done everyone and thankyou for your entries as always! 

We'll be back next week with more inspiration for you!

4 comments:

  1. Delighted to be in the Top 3. Thank you so much and well done to the winner and the other Top 3 picks.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous inspiration from the DT. Thank you so much for picking me cad as one of your top 3. Congrats to the other winners
    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful creations from the DT. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

The Colour Crazy Design Team love to hear from you so please feel free to leave us a comment or question!